Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Metacognition/Critical Thinking Blog Post 2

In the past, taking notes has been a very effective metacognitive strategy for me. I find it helpful for me to not only hear and see the information, but to also write it down and organize it on a paper. This helps me to remember the information because not only am I storing the information in my brain just from hearing it, but i am also creating memories of the information and I can visualize the notes that I took. It is also an effective method because I can revisit the notes at a later day to review an strengthen the understanding of the material.

Because I only have one blog grade to go off of in this class, it is hard to gauge if I am doing well. I seem to be understanding the material. I have also been keeping up with the homework and readings which has been helping me to grasp the information. I feel that I understand the material because I have been able to explain it to others and also recall it when needed at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment