Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Creativity Blog Post 2


I would allow my students time for creative thinking.  I would allow them to express creative thinking in many different forms.  The students are allowed to write, draw, or act out whatever comes to their minds when given a certain topic.  Each week we will vote on different topics that the students come up with such as places, people, sports, etc.  Then one student will randomly be chosen to choose a more specific topic such as Australia, Mickey Mouse, soccer, etc.  Then the students will then have 20 minutes to let their creative minds wander within this topic.  Finally these will be showcased on The Wall of Inspiration.  This will be a positive way for the students to express their ideas.  I did something similar to this in sixth grade.  Every Friday we would write a story about a random word that the teacher chose from the dictionary.  I really enjoyed doing this and I think it helped make me a more creative person.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea a lot. My idea was fairly similar with the time for creative thinking. However, I didn't even think of a wall of inspiration! That is a great idea that rewards the students for their creative thinking, as well as, inspires them to keep thinking creatively!

    ReplyDelete