Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Metacognition/Critical Thinking Blog Post 2


In reading comprehension I believe that summarizing best helps me in studying and regulating my own thinking. I feel like this is effective because I am required to review the whole chapter. It also allows me to make sure that I fully understand all of the main points of the material. When writing I work best when I have instruction and a planning strategy. When I am aware of what is expected of me and what I have to produce in order to get a good grade I am more focused when I write. When taking notes I like to have encoding plus storage. This helps me to write out the material and encode the information and also to be able to look back and review what I think are the main points.

1 comment:

  1. What do ou mean by encoding plus storage? I think it's true note taking has both of these qualities.... You store something externally, which lowers cognitive load, so you can think about something else (not remembering what was just said). It also serves as a tool (or Vygotsky would say). If you write things in your own words, or add personal examples, it does help you encoding because you're connecting to previous knowledge. :)

    ReplyDelete