Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Metacognition/Critical Thinking - Post 2

I have found that the best way for me to study is to hand write the information that I am needing to remember. This helps me focus on the material and be sure I am getting the meaning of the words. I also have found that it is best for me to highlight information that I know is important and write a note next to it on why it is important and any other thoughts I have so that I remember why it was important and what I was thinking when I read it.

2 comments:

  1. Same here! Just being able to write something out and physically feel yourself writing it, i feel as if it really adds to learning. I feel like it continues to help make connections. And I also highlight important information in the text. I thought it was funny when they started it out like that in the begining of the chapter because I did have a highlighter in hand too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! I think it's importnat that you included the part about highlighting information because it's important to go back through your notes and organize your thoughts and highlight the important information that you want to definitely remember the next time you go back through the chapter. Writing a note next to the information is another great way to better remember what you were thinking when you took the notes, so then we you go back over you'll more easily understand and hopefully the information was already encoded, so now it can be stored by reviewing.

    ReplyDelete