Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Creativity - Post 2

Giving students time to think about a prompt they are given is very important when encouraging creativity in the classroom. Here is a hypothetical situation... In my classroom we just read The Giver. I have told the students to create a sculpture out of found items I have brought in that represents The Giver in some way. In order for the students to come up with something clever and creative I have to give the students time to think and also time to create. I would give time during the school day for a whole week for the students to start their project, work on it, and perfect it. If I were to give the students only 10 - 20 minutes I probably wouldn't get as good sculptures from this amount of time as I would have if I had given them a few hours over the course of one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment