Monday, October 8, 2012

Metacognition/Critical Thinking Blog Post 2

I have always been an avid note taker. I find it more beneficial to write out my own notes as opposed to typing them or using notes that the teacher has printed out, because it keeps me focused on what is being said. Also, simply writing down notes helps me better encode, process, and memorize the information. When it comes time to study, I try to divide up my time in a efficient way. If I feel like I know most of the information on a particular subject, I will just skim it and only spend a small amount of time looking it over. But if I am not very familiar or comfortable with specific material, I make sure to spend much more time on it, until I feel I know it very well. I also try to my best to guess what topics and/or questions will appear on a test, based on what the teacher emphasized or spent a lot of time on in class. I would then make sure I go over and master that material, so I am well prepared for whatever questions will be asked. These strategies are effective because they help me encode and memorize information in an efficient manner and allow me to see and work on the areas that need improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment