Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Module 12/14 Post 2

When I am studying for a test, I go back and look at my teachers study guides an my notes.  I look at the teacher's study guide because it provides an outline of the information I should be familiar with for the test.  When I'm in class, I prefer to hand-write my notes.  When I am writing them, as opposed to typing or using notes provided by my teachers, I am being forced to pay very close attention to what my teacher is saying.  I like to listen to what they say and then put it in my own words so that I can remember it better.  If I put it in my own words, it is forcing me to process the information and come up with a statement that will help me understand what that information is.  If I can understand my notes, which was my first application of metacognition to this information, I will be able to remember it and succeed on the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment