Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Metacognition Blog Post 2

What helps me learn the most was the part about taking notes. Whenever I'm in a lecture class I'm always sure to write things down and then reread them, because I do tend to recall more information when I am writing stuff down. Even things such as vocabulary, I tend to write it out by hand because I can recall it much easier in the future because I've already taught it to myself. Also by being able to connect contexts it allows me to remember things more easily as well bceause I've already connected it with an experience I have had.

2 comments:

  1. I also use the note taking strategy in lecture classes. I think it's one of the best metacognition strategies because it's the easiest way to encode information by writing the information down. It is also a way to go back and review (encoding plus storage). I think it's also important that you included the part about connections because it's important to connect information to prior knowledge to better learn and remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connecting to context or past experiences is what makes it a good encoding strategy!

    ReplyDelete